Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Blissful Bride

I have been happily married for a little over two years now, but its barely a memory maybe even a blur. I remember getting to Douglaston Manor about 15 minutes late for the ceremony (my husband will never let me forget that), rushed through some pictures (I forgot to put on my mantilla), somehow signed my marriage license mid picture, rushed upstairs, put on the veil and headed downstairs and down the aisle. It was a dream sequence to me. Except when I pinched myself, I didn't wake up. I kissed my new husband.
What I do remember is all the planning and energy that went into it. We didn't start officially planning till a little under 12 months, we had spent the summer looking at places and although from the first time we saw DM, we knew that was where we wanted to be, we had to go back one more time (ok, I admit it, maybe more than that). We were working full time jobs on two entirely different schedules. And when that is added to less than 12 months from a wedding, it doesn't leave you with much time. Friday date nights turned into visits to photographers, weekends to look for other things.
2 days before my wedding, I was not only still at work, I was exhausted, breaking out and still not beautified.
The day before, the drop off of the favors,centerpieces, candles had to be made to DM and I still had a nail appointment.
Next to having a baby, this is the most important day of your life. It shouldn't be stressful to the point that you don't remember the entire wedding.
I am making it my mission to help as many busy brides as possible by sharing my wisdom and creativity.
A bride shouldn't be stressed, they should be nothing less than blissful.

No comments:

Post a Comment