Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Getting Organized-The Wedding Bible

I am sure that upon visiting B & N or Borders, you have come across this large binders or books made for brides who are planning their wedding. I was one of them, and now that I think about it, I think its sitting at my mom's collecting dust. I pulled out a few pages from the photographers section to bring to my photography meeting...I never used them. In fact, my organization of contracts and any material I received in regards to my wedding went into a 7 part accordion folder. The contracts and everything are in my closet.
The fact of the matter is this, those made books can be kind of expensive (some of them do give tips and advice). Start budgeting now.

Fast forward to this year and the first wedding I did for Gayle. The day of, she handed me a binder of her own creation, that contained her contracts, contact numbers for the vendors, the marriage license and on the first page, the wedding day schedule. All pages were covered by page protectors and were incredibly organized.

Whether you choose the accordion folder way (which is available in a 13 part as well) or the wedding bible way, it is so important to your sanity that you stay as organized as possible. Every time you visit a vendor to make a payment or just pay a visit, have your organizational tool with you. Keep all of your receipts and most importantly, every change that is made to the contract must be maintained. If you are going back and forth with a vendor, save the email. Its better to have a paper trail than be left with nothing.

If you have a wedding planner doing your Day of Coordination, be sure to try and get the book to them the week of the wedding (if possible during rehearsal, or a few days before). They will in turn connect with all your vendors and ensure what time everyone will be there and that everything is confirmed and should any problems arise the day of, the planner can remedy the situation immediately.

If you are looking to create your own (inexpensive) wedding bible you will need the following:

(1) 2 or 3 inch binder (if you can get one with a slot in the front for a picture of you and the hubby to be which will personalize it.
(1) pack of heavy duty page protectors
(1) pack of dividers

You can check out blank printable worksheets at www.russellandhazel.com if you want to maintain a wedding organizer (like the one's they have in B & N).They have different types of worksheets for just about everything bridal and you can choose what you do need and don't need.

Onto this weekend's wedding. Have a wonderful July 4th!!!

Stay Blissful!!
XO Blissful Bride

No comments:

Post a Comment